Saturday 6 November 2010

The Pagoda

Before I give you my first story...

here are some images from the Pagoda  (Cambodian Buddist temple) site which is the base of Cambodian Child and Hope Association where I will be working in Cambodia. The Pagoda is within the Angor Wat national park borders. I have an entry permit and all that which entitles me to roam freely within the site and outside the different Angor temples. How lucky am i?

I have taken only one photo inside the Buddhist Pagoda and more of the buildings , the stupas (where ashes are stored after cremation), including the most colourful stupa on the site (one of a rich and powerful man) and a couple of photos of the beautiful surroundings of this peaceful and  beautiful site. I was greeted by a Buddhist nun like I was her long lost daughter. She embraced me tightly, wanted to feed me and keep me. Sounds like my mom too! An old buddhist monk was joking with me. I have been really respectful and tried not to impose on the monks but I found that the older Buddhist monks and nuns are very warm and engaging with me. It is hard to refuse so much love!

Tomorrow I start training the teachers at the Pagoda School between 2-4. I am their neak krou (female teacher) and I am so glad that I will be able to help them. They are really good : a couple of nouns, prepositions and word endings to add and they will be perfect!

From inside the Pagoda

Stupas

Rich man's stupa




1 comment: